Maps are essential tools for understanding the world around us. Learning to read maps - both printed and online - is a core skill that forms the basis of social studies. This book explores the different ways that maps can show information about the world.
- What is a projection?
- How do maps flatten the Earth?
- How does GPS help us find our way around?
Find the answers to these questions and more in Let's Get Mapping! in Mapping the World you'll learn about the different ways that maps can show information about the Earth. Reading this book will give you the skills to use maps to discover the world!
Each title in the Let's Get Mapping! series features:
- a range of maps, from historical to online
- explanations of different types of maps
- a mapping activity to put what you've learned into action!
Publisher: Rantree UK
Author: Melanie Waldron
Dimensions: 27.1 x 20.2 x 0.8 cm