Letterland Grammar introduces the grammatical concepts in Key Stage 1, Year 1 and Year 2 of the English National Curriculum, including punctuation, writing sentences, prefixes, suffixes and tenses. The emphasis is on bringing these concepts to life so children can understand them, remember them, and use them in their own writing. Letterland Grammar is an interesting world to explore, where words become buildings and sentences become streets. The punctuation we see is road signs on those streets, indicating what is happening. As a child is reading, all they have to do is think of their little finger as a car going along a street looking out for signs along the way!
The Teacher's Guide also includes a Resources CD which includes:
- Examples to print out or project on a whiteboard for every lesson
- Letterland Grammar Flashcards - to demonstrate concepts in each lesson
- 'I can do' certificates
- Little car finger puppets - to make reading fun!
- A free Artwork Store - so you can create your own Grammar wall displays
- Songs to accompany Letterland lessons in the Appendix.
The guide can be used with no previous knowledge of Letterland Phonics.
Author: Lisa Holt and Lucy Marcovitch
Pages: 116 pages
Format: Spiral bound
Dimensions: 297 x 210 x 12 mm